In my last post I totally forgot to tell you what my favorite song of the week was.
I figured it would be nice to have a fav song of the week because music is soooo awesome and means so much! there's always some song that totally fits your situation or your mood! you just have to find it! it's not only the lyrics but also the melody. I sometimes don't agree with the lyrics but totally love the melody and the other way around.
So this week my favorite song was "The Outsiders" by Needtobreathe. I love listening to this band since Jayanah told be about them one day in March I think. They have so many different kinds of songs and I kinda like the fact that not a lot of people (especially not in Germany) know this band. It feels a little as if this is YOUR band and they're singing their songs only for you. A little weird but oh well ;)
Anyways. So I don't really know what they're singing about in this song although I understand the lyrics but sometimes it's just really hard for me to interpret english songs since I'm not a native speaker. But I really like the line
Cause if you're not laughing
Who is laughing now
I see it like this: if you're not in a good mood and smilling and laughing and happy who will be? You can't always count on the others to start something. You have to start it! So that's kind of how I try to live my life. To smile at someone and make them smile back and maybe brighten someones day. It doesn't matter if you know the person or not but you can still do something nice for them even if it's just a smile :)
It wasn't even hard for me to smile and be happy because I was so happy and joyfull these past 6 - 9 months. I'm just so blessed with all the people that are in my life now. Americans as well as Germans. And I'm just so thankful that my life is so good right now!
So: start smiling guys! It's not only worth it but it also makes you happy when someone smiles back! :) Go out and brighten someones day! If you won't start than who will???
:)
Lots of love and smiles,
Eileen