.

.

Sep 19, 2010

City Festival

  Where to start? This weekend was full of everything: studying, laughter, fun, friends, family, good times and some lonely times that where still good. I sometimes need that :)

  First of my parents where gone for the weekend so I stayed at my grandparent's. I went home Friday night to watch a movie and fell asleep... So I didn't spend the night and my grandparent's :D I watched Twilight. I've watched it like a million times but it was still good. I liked being home alone having the house all to myself and listening to the silence when I was lying in bed. It felt good. Of course you always have the fear that someone's gonna break in just the night nobody's there but the good feeling was greater than the fear.

  I slept til 11 am ... Actually it was 8 but I stayed in bed and fell asleep around 9ish again. It felt sooooooooo good! This week was just really exhausting and so I'm glad I got the chance to sleep in and relax a little bit. I love that. I was usually a morning person before I got to the US but since then I LOVE sleeping :D I don't even know why. It's probably the time difference and that I took a lot of naps when I didn't have anything to do which is definitely not bad :D haha

  Anyways... Back to the topic. Saturday I studied for a while and at 4ish my grandpa took me to Aldi (a discounter chain) and then we went to my grandparent's house. On Thursday I'd decided I wanted to bake a cake and that's what I did Saturday. It's (or was by now) an Apricot Cake with lots and lots of whipped Cream. It took me like 4 hours but it turned out great! Not the way it looked on the picture in the book but that was my first "difficult" cake so I won't complain.
Here are some pictures:



Actually Vanessa took this one :)
  My back hurt a lot after those 4 hours of baking but it was so much fun! I loved it :)

  In the evening I went home again to watch some American Football and do some more homework. And again I fell asleep so I stayed at home again. I loved watching Football again. It's a lot of fun especially hearing all the English and stuff. Feels like home ;)

  So today I met with my friends Kathrin, Vanessa and Johanna H and later Johanna J joined us. The fair was in our town (it's really really really tiny since my town is really really tiny) but Sundays there's a lot more to do because we also have a yard sale in the whole city center (like 3 streets :P). I love yard sales and I regret that I never went to a real American yard sale last year. It's definitely on the list! :) I bought a cooking and baking book with lots of great recipes and a cassette (like an MC). They're really popular here with the stories and stuff. Not music. I used to listen to them every night, my mom, my grandma and lots of my friends and my mom's friends listen to them in the night. Probably sounds childish to you guys but you didn't grow up with it ;) Anyways. You might know the movies of the three investigators whose symbol are the three question marks. You know the three boys Justus, Peter and Bob who solve tons of cases. That's what I usually listen to but there's also another version of that with 4 kids (3 boys and a girl) who solve cases too. So that's what I also bought. :)

  After spending an hour at the city yard sale we went back to my place because we'd already seen everything and it was really cold and nothing except a bakery was open yet. So we bought some breakfast at the bakery and walked back. We talked and talked and it was lots of fun! :) We decided we had to hang out more often. :)
Around noon we went to my grandma's to eat some cake. We took some silly pictures and I promised I'd put them online (although noone really liked that promise :P) so here they are:

Kathrin and Vanessa
well... me :D
Johanna H

Kathrin 
And an empty plate with a fork ... must've been good :D
  Kathrin left at 1ish and Johanna J came and we talked a little more, Vanessa and Johanna looked at my scrapbook that I got from my host mom as a going away present. They hadn't seen it before. Johanna also looked at my Yearbook and I showed her a guy that looks a lot like one of my friends here. Hilarious. He has like a billion look alikes now :D

  Later we went to the fair again and had some pizza, pasta and crepes and I had to ride one of the rides with my sister... Then we went back and watched some tv and at 4:30 ish pm everyone had left, my parents were back from their trip and I fell asleep while reading a book for German class :D It was an awesomely busy weekend :) I love weekends like that although I don't need them that often.

  Tomorrow I'll have school til 3:30 pm and then I'll meet Kathrin in Guetersloh, a bigger neighbouring town, to go to their book store. We want to make some Christmas-book-whish-lists. :D I'm excited!!! Haha I could literally LIVE in a bookstore. At least as big as it is in Guetersloh. It'll  be a fun day again ;)

  So I'm gonna go to bed now. :)

 Lots of love and smiles
Eileen