Hello there, Today was a pretty good day:
- only two hours of Latin
- it was crisp outside but we had blue skies and it was so nice and sunny
- treated myself with coffee and a croissant while waiting for the train
- also got some homework done while waiting
- had a really happy moment while I was walking to the train station listening to music
- treated my mom, grandma and great grandma with flowers
- helped my grandma cook (and of course ate) a delicious lunch
- made some money
- did some chores
- finally finished a project about the book "Jennifer Government" for my English class
It seems like it was a very productive day. But why doesn't it feel like that? I guess I could have gotten some more homework done, I could have worked out and I missed One Tree Hill which I have come to enjoy. I could still go to the court club but I do not have any clean long sports pants anymore. Also I am not really in the mood. I have been lacking motivation and I seem to be finding excuses every time I could get the chance. But I am sure I will find the motivation again. Heads up!
Elizabeth blogged about how she started to enjoy and appreciate the little things in life again more passionately. I realized the same thing today:
I was walking to the train station today, listening to Lee DeWyze. I have come to like his music. It is romantic and girly and sometimes I really need that. Anyway, so I was walking along a very quiet street. I was in an OK-mood. Not overjoyed but also not upset - a mix in between. Lee DeWyze's song "Stay here" came up.
Do you know that feeling when you just have to smile and that smile urges to turn into a really loud laugh? Pure happiness and joy combined with euphoria and passion sitting in your chest trying to burst out? Well, that's what I was feeling. Of course I could not laugh out loud because I was on a street and a guy, who must have ben a few years older than me, was walking towards me. But I just could not stop smiling. The poor guy probably thought I was laughing at him.
That song made my day. I have not felt that kind of joy in a while and it really made me happy.
Gotta love music! :)
Love,
Eileen