.

.

Jan 9, 2012

the little kid inside

Hello there, Last night I watched "The Lord of the Rings -The Two Towers". I love that movie. But all the fighting, the very nasty and disgusting orcs and Gollum get to me every time. Do you know that feeling when you are lying in bed and are certain (I mean really certain!!) that there is a monster under your bed? And you completely cover yourself with your blanket so that it won't be able to touch you? Always looking around your room because there was a shadow moving?
Anyway, that's how I always feel after movies like the Lord of the Rings with nasty things in it. When I went to bed I left my door open and my mom laughed at me this morning. And of course I didn't just go to my bed... No! A quick sprint from the door to the bed and about a meter in front of the bed I jumped and quickly pulled my blanket over me. But then I realized that I didn't turn on the light next to my TV. So I quickly got out of bed, rushed to the lamp, ran back to bed and ... yes, jumped again. Then I left my eyes open until I fell asleep.
You probably all think I was being silly. Well, I was. But I guess that was the little child in me being scared of the dark and what's under my bed. And I am sure that most of you at least know the feeling I just described (if you didn't exactly jump on your bed). I think this little kid in you is worth preserving. Most grown ups don't know how to be a child anymore. How to look at the little things in wonder. How to enjoy every day just by being outside, exploring your backyard and neighborhood, making necklaces out of daisies, getting all durty while playing archaeologist or making delicious (?!) grass soup with very healthy herbs (or maybe rather weeds) in it. Looking at the world with the eyes of a child gives you a whole different perspective. I think we should sometimes use that perspective to enjoy life.
This book cover shows exactly what I mean. Two kids being outside, having fun.
By the way, this book is amazing! Makes you cry and laugh and enjoy life and relationships more intensely. I can only recommend it! :)

Let that child in you burst out more often. It can give you so much!
Love, Eileen