I am following a book-review blog which I like a lot. It also inspired me to also write reviews about the books I read.
I love reading because I can completely get lost in a story and sometimes it starts growing in my head. Imagining what the author created is so much better than watching a movie. If the book is good, I can easily read through a whole day or night.
Yesterday was rainy and nasty and Saturday. The perfect day to stay in bed and read a good love story. And that is exactly what I did.
I read "Can You Keep a Secret?" by Sophie Kinsella.
This is my review:
Meet Emma Corigan, a young woman with a huge heart, and irrepressible spirit, and a few little secrets: Secrets from her boyfriend: I've always thought Connor looks a bit like Ken. As in Barbie and Ken.
Secrets from her mother: I lost my virginty in the spare bedroom with Danny Nussbaum while Mum and Dad were downstairs watching Ben-Hur.
Secrets she wouldn't share with anyone in the world: I have no idea what NATO stands for. Or even what it is.
Until she spills them all to a handsome stranger on a plane. At least, she thought he was a stranger... Until Emma comes face-to-face with Jack Harper, the company's exclusive CEO, a man who knows every single humiliating detail about her...
Let me get this out: This book is hilarious! Emma is a twenty-five-year-old marketing assistant at a world company. She lives in London, has problems with her family and lives in an apartment with her best girlfriend. She is a completely normal woman. And who doesn't have little secrets like that? Everyone! Yes, you, too. I'm pretty sure you do. I do, too. But what would you do when you realize you told your mega boss all these little secrets (also concerning work of course). Emma freaks out. She doesn't know what to do, what to say to her boss (especially since everone is pretending to be the best and she can't since he already knows she is not). Sometimes I wanted to yell at her that she is being super silly and that she should just be herself and not try to act. But then again, when you think about it, you would act exactly the same way. I for sure would.
I just loved this story. I could easily identify with Emma because she is so normal. I recognize a lot of her problems, even though I did not finish college yet and am not working for a major soda company. I ached with her through her struggles and laughed at some of her silly sectres.
The story has a somewhat open ending. Of course everything important gets worked out but you do not know how her life goes on. I am still not really sure if I like it. It was a bit difficult for me to make up my own full ending but I guess that is OK.
So I definitely recommend this book to every girl out there, who likes to read easy girl's love stories. You will love it. I definitely do.
Love,
Eileen
____________
High: A book I ordered weeks ago finally made its way to me plus I found out that TOMS is bringing out a ballerina flat series!!
Low: I didn't get to work out at all.
Song of the week: I heard a song on the radio today but I can't remember what it was called. But Coldplay-Clocks works as well.