Hello there,
Happy New Year to everyone! :)
I hope you had a blast celebrating the new year, like me. I went to a party with about 360 people and my two best friends and my parents and I had so much fun. I met a few new people and it was just so great to go out. So what did you do on New Year's Eve? Anything fun?
Reflection. That's what most people do from the 30th to the 2nd.
To be honest, my life was and is boring. Not that much interesting happened:
- wrote a long long paper about Christianity in the US
- did pretty well in school
- had a nicely relaxed Summer
- started my senior year in high school
- visited my new home for a couple weeks
- was way too busy
- let a lot of relationships regress
- somewhat lost myself
- didn't accomplish/finish one resolution or goal I set for myself
All in all it wasn't the best of years. Compared to 2010 it actually sucked. I wonder why. Maybe because I was caught up in daily life in a country I don't like that much anymore, with people I grew tired of, with struggles and problems I didn't handle the way I should have.
I realized I didn't finish one New Year's Resolution I'd set at about the same time last year. Actually I never finished one. That's why I won't come up with any resoultions anymore. Or maybe three that will count for the whole year but will be approached differently than I have before:
- I want to come up with one (max two) thing(s) for every month that I will focus on. It can be anything: a character trait, a challenge, anything. I will write this word on sheets of paper and hang them up on each wall in my room. That way I see them all the time and not forget about them. We'll see how that goes. I'll keep you updated on my monthly goals and if I accomplished them. The other two resoultions that are for the whole year will be written down and hung up on my walls as well. I'm really excited about this.
- I want to work on my relationship with God. I have let this relationship drop to a very deep low. It'll be hard to dig it out again and let it flourish but I'm sure I can do this. I want to start by reading first to third John. I'm excited about that, too. I have a few more challenges in mind already and I really hope I'll get closer to Him again. I just feel more comfortable with that constant in my life and more grounded.
- I also want to focus on myself more. A thing I've realized about a million times in my life already is this: You have to love yourself and be comfortable with who you are first, before anyone else can love you or rely on you as a friend. I haven't followed this advice the whole year which is why I kind of lost myself. But I guess that was needed. There are no regrets in my life because I've learned from every mistake. I might make the same mistake twice or three times until I learned it, but I know I will and that is very important I think. I've been so busy with so many unimportant things that I forgot the important ones. I want to change that. So we'll see how that works out.
I don't know what the future will bring but the one thing I know is this:
This year will be memorable and amazing and crazy and fun and fabulous and full of joy and love.
Love, Eileen
