.

.

Nov 1, 2010

three day weekend

This weekend was soooo amazingly relaxing!
It started out with getting my weight lifting plan at the court club. Means I'mma go more regularly after midterms are done with. :) I can't even remember what I did on Friday night... Probably not a lot :D

Saturday I didn't get to sleep in but instead I skyped with Briana and Karyn! It was so awesome! I miss them so much. It was good hearing their vioces and seeing them although their video stopped after a few minutes :D But it was great nontheless. :)
Karyn and Bri :) <3 <3 <3

After that I went to the cemetry with my mom to clean up the grave of my greatgrandparents for All Saints day. It's a holiday in Germany and we get the day off too. So that's why it's a three-day-weekend. We did a pretty good job but I was so sore that it was extremely exhausting. After some grocery shopping and some good laughs we got home and I took a nap for like an hour or so. Felt extremely good!! :) I LOVE naps!! :D

before..


and after. did a pretty good job I'd like to think :)
my mom takes care of this grave cause family members live farther away
just an after pic.. forgot to take a before one


















 Around 4ish I went to my grandma's to bake the first recipe of my new baking book! It was a "Sachertorte". An Austrian chocolate cake. It was yummy although I'm sure it didn't turn out as it was supposed to. But it was delish and that's good enough for me ;) It took me forever to finish tho... I made a lot o' breaks and stuff so I was pretty much done by 11 ish... Means about 4-5 hours of baking :D

Sunday daylight's savings time (or what it's called) ended (it ends in the winter doesn't it?? I never get it right :D). So I woke up around 7, had some breakfast which included a piece of cake (I LOVE cake for breakfast) and then I went back to bed til 10 ish. :))) I think I read some and watched some TV til we had an amazing Lunch (Rouladen (google it if you don't know what it is), mashed potatoes and red cabbage. After that I napped some more and around 4ish I went home to get ready to meet some friends at a café in town. It was fun! I love hanging out with these four girls. Gotta do that more often! :) <3

Vanessa gave us a ride to Johanna's home where me and Johanna hung out for a little while and dressed up for the Halloween party we went to later that night. I was a pirate and Johanna a hash farmer :D It was fun! :D My costume consisted of an old flanel shirt I got from my dad, a bandana with a skull on it, belt with a skull on it and some paint..... Freakin' easy ... I started thinking about what I was gonna wear an hour before I went to the café :D I don't have a picture of that yet cause I forgot my camera... Yeah.. bad me :D But I'll post it some other time. Promise ;)
So yeah.. back to the topic... It was fun. :D My dad picked me up and I went straight to bed... I was sooo tired! It was good seeing some friends I haven't seen in a while! :)
Oh and I also called my host parents that night. It was Debbie's birthday so I talked to them for a while which was awesome, cause I didn't talk to them since summer break. That was a highlight as well ;)

I kind of slept in this morning, had breakfast with my parents and went back to bed again :D I read some it Paul Auster's "Moon Palace" which we have to read for English class. Then started doing some homework. I didn't study at all this weekend which makes me feel horrible cause I gotta take 2 midterms this week... Philosophy and Math. I don't understand anything in either class.... So these next 3 days are going to be filled with studying... -.- So wish me luck that I'm not gonna fail...  But then I only have to take the English and Bio midterms next week and then I'm done with it for the quarter. YAY!! :D

Well today is All Saints day so me, my grandparents, parents and my sister went to the cemetry to light candles and put them on the graves. That's the tradition here. Afterward we went to the Greek restaurant in town and had a feast :D It was delish like always ;)






with the lit candles

 Well... Think I'mma say good night for today :)

See some of you tomorrow ;)
Love ya lots,
Nighty night, Eileen
Well... I'm gonna say good night for the day :)