Today I baked a cake. Wasn't a real real cake cause it was mainly "Quark" (which I have no clue how to translate to English. I guess it's kinda like cream cheese just different. But it's from milk ;). So you have that cream (which is tons of butter, tons of sugar, some eggs, vanilla pudding powder and the "Quark"). You spread it on a cookie sheet and put grapes on top 'til it's mainly covered, you bake it and then... there it is! The world's fastest cake! Although I'm not really sure if you can call it a cake since it doesn't have any dough in it :D
As Julie Powell put it in the movie "Julie and Julia": "You know what I love about cooking? I love that after a day when nothing is sure, and when I say nothing I mean nothing, you can come home and absolutely know that if you add egg-yolks to chocolate and sugar and milk, it will get thick. It's such a comfort." (don't worry I didn't memorize it, just copied it from the TV :D) She is so right about that! My week sucked and today sucked even more but baking kind of brings me at peace with myself. I don't even have to eat it, just see the results (which are getting better and better) and how it makes people smile (at least sometimes) because it tastes good.
I think I'mma make a tradition out of it. My small family doesn't come together anymore except for Christmas although we all live in one minute walking distance to each other. That is just sad. So why can't we have dinner or Lunch all together at least once a month or so. Dang I'm such a family person. Silly, I know.
Anyways... Here's the cake:
| My creation ... |
| And that's how it was supposed to look like... :D |
I think I got pretty close! :)
You know what I miss a lot about America? It's that I didn't have to worry about anything. I didn't have to worry about good grades, about not fitting in, because I could always quit, not about guys, cause it wouldn't have worked out anyways, or about having a Homecoming or Prom date. It wasn't real but it was real life at the same time. And now I have to worry about all these things, teenage girls worry about (except the Prom/Homecoming date since we don't have that here). I know life is not like a dream, in which everything's perfect but I've been so happy, so joyful, so energetic, so balanced. And now all that has been flipped over and tossed around until nothing has been left over. I wanna be who I was at the beginning of last summer again. I'm being over dramatic. Hopefully next week will get better. I think it might just be the season. When I read other people's blogs and talk to my friends, they all sound so stressed out, and sad, and overwhelmed, and just not like themselves. I think praying would be the best solution here. You might disagree, that's OK.
So I think I should just pull myself together because Erika is celebrating her 18th birthday today and that's what my plans are for tonight.
Thanks for listening,
Over and out.