.

.

Jun 6, 2012

excitement.

Hello there, It's been a while again. A lot has happened. Today I received my final results! A- in both my majors and a B+ in my Bio minor! These grades are really good for German standards and I am so happy. I never thought I would do this good! God really did mean it well with me.

While walking to school I realized that I was not very enthusiastic about seeing everyone again. It was nice seeing my friends. But actually nothing more. That surprised me. I consider myself a people-person. I love being around others, I am usually very open-minded and can converse easily. I feel comfortable in a crowd. But today was different. I also started to dread the upcoming graduation prom. Now that I have the dress, the shoes, the hair and make-up appointments, I actually do not really want to go. I don't even know why.

I think it might be because I am already done with the whole high school thing. My best friend once said that she does not think, she'll stay in touch with anyone for a very long time. Even our friendship will fade. This made me sad. I did not want to believe that what she said might also happen to me. I thought these high school friendships will last forever. But considering the time I have spent with people from high school, which is pretty much only one BBQ with 10 people since the end of classes, I suppose she actually was right. Adding the feelings I felt walking to school today.

But I know there is so much ahead of me. People come and go with every chapter of life you are going through. Some stay longer with you, some only appear on one page. I suppose that is life. I am so glad for all the people I have met in my life so far. I have met a great deal more people than most of my friends. I still consider the people I have met during my exchange years friends, even though I have had little contact with most. I hope this will be the case with many people from here, too. After all, I spent almost my whole life here. It will be interesting to meet them again in ten years at our reuninion. Very interesting, I think. Seeing where they are at in life, what they are doing, if they have a family. I already know for sure that there will be a lot of suprises. Especially with that crowd.

I am very excited to be done with high school. I think I am ready to start something new. Not college yet, but I know that there are so many incredible things ahead of me. The most exciting part is that I will find these things in the United States of America. Looking back now, that is where I felt more myself, more happy, more home than in the little town I have lived my whole life. This realization is rather weird and actually a little frightening. But I am eager to find out what is lying in front of me. I am excited to start a new adventure with my family, meet new people, esperience ups and downs, highs and lows. I am taking on life now.

Life, here I come.

Love,
Eileen