Hello there, Have you ever moved before? Have you ever realized how much silly-never-used-stuff you have laying around or underneath things? Well, when you move you inevtably find out how many boxes and drewers you have filled with all these little nonsense-things.
I have already cleaned out the biggest things in my room, such as books and DVDs. Today I finally packed all my school things, seven huge and heavy folders containing three years worth of classes, books I had to read, etc. I already feel sorry for my dad, since he will have to lift and carry these boxes to my great-grandma's basement...
I have two shoe boxes filled with memories from my exchange year and the past few years here. I never realized how full and heavy they actually were until I sorted through and repacked them, since they are coming with me. I also sorted out pictures that I want to take with me and clothes that I do not need until August anymore.
So you should think that my room is getting emptier and cleaner. Well... Wrong. This is how my room looks now, AFTER cleaning it out...
I feel like this huge amount of things is growing bigger instead of smaller... It is insane how much work there is to do before and after a move. I have been through that a few times in my life so far and I never seem to learn. I still accumulate so many things, that I have to sort out eventually. There is so much to do left and so little time. In less than two months we are going to board a plane to a new adventure... And a new house. I hope we will get everything done in time... Prayers would be appreciated! :D
So learn from my mistakes and sort through your stuff once a year. You will be surprised how much stuff you have that you did not even know you had, things you never use or need. It will pay off eventually and it is sometimes even refreshing to get rid of some things, making room for something new. But I guess that is easier said than done. I, too, am one of those people who keep everything that could possibly be connected with just the littlest memory. ;)
Love,
Eileen