.

.

Oct 15, 2010

two out of three

So luckily my grandma did take her laptop and since I do have internet in the motel I figured I should post something... ;)
So here is what happened these past two days:

Thursday morning we left Herzebrock at 8ish a.m. On the way to Cologne (where the Phantasialand theme park is) we realized that our GPS didn't work. We found it easily tho. We had a lot of fun. Riding the Roler Coasters and stuff was just awesome!


Black Mamba
Some Roller Coaster


You had to pull yourself up... I lost :D
A water roller coaster thing

There is another water ride called "River Quest". You sit in round "boats" and you float down this "river" Kinda like wild water rafting. We rode it once in the beginning. When we got out we saw a man standing at the "body dryer". He was soaking wet! It looked like he'd fallen into the water. In the end we rode that thing again and that time the thing was full. 12 people can ride in one boat...... And then there was a huge wave and I got soaking wet... My whole pants were completely soaked. I was wearing a tank top, a cardigan, a jacket and a rain coat.... I got wet to my skin! It was horrible!! But at least it happened in the end haha :D

Well since our GPS didn't work and we could't find the motel on a map we were stuck on that parking lot. But a friend helped us (thanks to the inventor of cellphones! :) ) and we got to our motel exhausted but happy (since we planned on staying over night I had clothes to change with me haha :D).

Today we spent the day in Cologne with shopping... and a little sight seeing.... just a little :D

We actually were pretty successfull. All four of us found books. I got two new books. I don't have any good ones at home at the moment. At least none I actually wanted to read this past month. I missed reading so much. I was kinda depressed actually haha :D now I have two new and really good books and I am just happy ;)
I also got some clothes as well as my grandma and my sister.

We ate at the "Früh", a brewery and restaurant. Really famous for Cologne.
 
The famous beer
After that we had coffee at Starbucks. Sooooo delicious!! :) I miss Starbucks.
My grandparents drinking their first Caramel Macchiato ever!
Darleen enjoying her Java Chocolate Chip blabla Frape













My grandpa and I felt like coming to Cologne and not going into the Dome just isn't right so we did some sight seeing. ;)











We were so exhausted we barely made it to the car... On our way we bought some donuts at Dunkin' Donuts. One word: Delicious!! :) We ate them in our motel room in Aachen where we're staying for the night.


Well, I'mma go to bed...

Good night :)
See ya, Eileen