.

.

Oct 23, 2010

happy. simply happy.

Gosh, where should I start?
Today has been just such a great day! I don't even know why I've been so blessed lately...
Well I got to sleep in again today. Woke up at 8 ish but stayed in bed. I read some and went back to sleep apearently cause when I woke up again it was already 10. I pulled myself out of bed (which was really hard, cause it was so warm and cozy :D). Went downstairs and as I sat on the couch for about ten minutes someone called me on skype. It was Andrew but I guess it was actually Chris. I looked so terrible that they would've run away screaming if they'd have seen me like that :D But since it was like 1 am over in the Tri-Cities they didn't have time to wait so I didn't get the chance to skype with them again :(. I hope we can do that some other time you guys ;) Miss ya a lot

Anyways. I read some more til I finished my book (yay!! :)) And then I got myself ready to go to Guetersloh (a neighbouring city). I wore a dark blue long sleeve shirt and one of the pairs of shoes that I got in Aachen and Cologne. Mom said I'd dropped some weight which made me really happy :) I guess that's one of the best compliments I got in a while. Cause instead of losing weight after getting back to Germany I think I even gained some more, but whatever. Who actually cares?! I don't care cause I'm just happy being who I am ;)

1000 amazing recipes. definitely the baking book for a lifetime :)
So back to the topic. After having to wait for an hour (cause trains only go every other hour on Saturdays) I finally made it to Guetersloh. I had to pick up the book Moon Palace that we're reading in English class (actually have to finish it til Tuesday :D) so after looking for a scarf in some stores I went to the book store. I got the book and also a new baking book with 1000 recipes (not lying!)!! That just made me even happier! :D I'm going to try to get through the whole book until my let's say 22nd birthday. Do you think I can do it?!  :D 5 years for 1000 recipes... :)
I was smiling the whole time walking through the stores. I love shopping by myself. It was nice just dreaming and looking and walking and the fresh cold air felt awesomely good :D I don't why.. Probably sounds weird but oh well ;)

I went to a bakery and had a coffee and some Croissants. This cute couple (probably like 50 years old or so) sat at my little table with me because it was so full. We didn't talk but when I left the woman said "Bye and have a good day!" That made me happier than I already was :)

I went through a store to get back to the train station and there was this woman with a stroller trying to get through the door. I asked if I could help but she just smiled at me and didn't say anything. I simply helped her get through the door and she said "Thank you" in English! That definitely made my day. I mean for some reason I've been dreaming and thinking in English so much lately. It felt so good having someone random talk to me in English. I miss speaking English so much. It sometimes feels like something really important has been taken away from me. But these little things like a "Thank you" in English are amazing. So yeah. I walked to the train station with a huge smile on my face and in my heart. :))) End of story :)))


May God bless you like He has blessed me,
Eileen :)
Over and out.