.

.

Aug 4, 2015

life can be rough.

Day 4: Texture

Hello there,

Today's challenge is about texture. A texture-picture is basically a full-frame photo of smaller objects or the surface of something. It usually makes for a rough image. A rough and textural surface/object is also great for a portait background because it is a lot more interesting than just a plain white fabric, for example.

Considering that I took the following photos at 8:30 pm, they turned out pretty good. The best time for texture photos would be around noon, when the sunlight is strongest and therefore makes for a better contrast.



These rocks were laying beside my little terrace outside my room. Exp. 1/125; f/4.5; ISO 2000.



This is my curry herb on my terrace. Oftentimes, texture photos look great in BW, since the contrast is strongest without color. But color can also add more to it as in the rock-picture. In this case, I couldn't decide what looks better. Any preferances? Exp. 1/125; f/5.6; ISO 1600.

I'd appreciate any comments! :)

Lots of love,
Eileen