I've been back in the US for almost a week now. I love it here.
I have to admit that I wasn't too happy the first few days. I felt lost because I didn't (and still don't really) know the area and it was just all so confusing and I guess overwhelming, too. Also I had problems speaking English. I guess I thought it'd be easier than it actually is.
Wednesday we drove around the area and went to some high schools for my sister who would be a junior next year. She really liked one high school that actually doesn't have the best image but when we went there it was the high school with the nicest, friendliest and most helpful staff! The school looked really great and we immedietly felt at home. Also we found some very nice communities close to that high school which we liked a lot right away. I guess we found our new home ;)
Anyways, I guess that feeling of being at home made me feel a lot better and more confident about our decision to move here. I didn't doubt the decision itself but I wasn't sure if it all worked out the way we want it to.
So yesterday we went to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for me. We had an info session thingy and then a campus tour. I really like this University! The campus is beautiful and all the people were so nice! Got some questions answered and I feel a lot more confident with going to college here. I was actually very afraid because I had no clue what to expect. I didn't grow up here where everyone knows what to expect after high school, what college would be like and stuff. So that was really great. I can definitely see myself studying and UNC.
Beautiful, isn't it?
The problem is though that all freshmen have to live on campus. That is very expensive and I'm not sure if I want to move out right after moving here. Monday we have an appointment with some lawyers to talk about our visas and such and I'll find out then if I am able to work here or not and so on.
I have three options right now:
1st: If I can work without going to college (which is not very likely) I would just take a year off and just work, save money and relax from studying all the time.
2nd: If I do have to go to college in order to work, I will probably start at a community college for the first year, work, save money, and start earning credits.
3rd: If I can't work at all.. well I'm not sure. I guess I'd apply for UNC, too and also scholarships and financing aid.
So I have these three options and I can hopefully already narrow them down to two, or even better one, on Monday after the meeting with the lawyers.
I'm sure everything will work out how God planned it for me. I trust Him to guide me and find the best solution for me. Prayers would be great anyway ;)
Love, Eileen