Hello there,
It is almost done. Tomorrow I will take my oral final in German and then I will hopefully be finished with studying for a while. I have never studied so hard and so intensely in my entire life. So far it has payed off and I am praying that it will also tomorrow. God has been guiding me and providing for me and I know he will again. It is relaxing to have that faith and trust. I am studying hard, doing my part of the job, the rest is up to him. Either I am ment to get a good grade or not. A lot of my friends have been nervous for weeks because these finals are very important. I was not, especially not after the first final went so well. I think that is the main difference between believers and atheists: We trust and we do not worry so much. Of course we lead our lives and make decisions but always leave it up to God to guide us and know it was the right decision whatever will come out of it. Atheists do not have that trust. Before I was saved I worried about everything. I still did after I was saved. But since I completely laid my life into Gods hands everything has been working out and I am more relaxed than I ever was. This is not about proving that God exists. Faith is a belief. Nothing more and nothing less. But at the same time everything.
"Faith is a way of saying, "Yes, I preaccept the terms of the universe
and I embrace in advance what I am presently incapable of
understanding".
There's a reason we refer to 'leaps of faith' -
because the decision to consent to any notion of divinity is a mighty
jump from the rational to the unknowable, and I don't care how
diligently scholars of every religion will try to sit you down with
their stacks of books and prove to you through scripture that their
faith is indeed rational; it isn't. If faith were rational it wouldn't
be - by definition - faith. Faith is belief in what you cannot see or
prove or touch. Faith is walking face-first and full-speed into the
dark." - Elizabeth Gilbert in Eat Pray Love
Love,
Eileen
