.

.

Feb 3, 2012

swarm of birds

Hello there,
This morning was beautiful with somewhat dark blue skies and pink rising in the East. A massive cloud bank in the West even looked like a moutain range. It was gorgeous, let me tell you! I wish I had had a proper camera, experience, talent and time to take pictures.
When I got to the bus stop there was a big swarm of birds flying around overhead for a full fifteen minutes. It was amazing to see how they communicated, turned left then right. All in unison. They would settle in a tree and on a house one moment and then take off again only to land on it again a minute later.

I think I have a connection like these birds with my best friend. We have known each other for years and understand each other without many words. We do not agree very often and luckily do not like the same kind of guys, which is a very good thing. We do not have to talk on the phone very often but when we do we will talk for hours. We could never spend too much time around each other, we need our time apart. I think being away from her for a year definitely strengthened our friendship. We hardly had any contact but she was still there for me when I needed her. I love her and I am glad I have a connection to someone like that. I think that grounds me and gives me strength.


It snowed today! I hope it lasts a little bit longer this time or at least until tomorrow. I want to take pictures of the snow. I love the snow. But it should have snowed over Chrismas and New Year's. It is a little annoying now with school and having to move from one building to the other with a three to five minute walking distance in between. Oh well. I think the warm thoughts actually worked today. I only said that it was cold three times! Pretty good, huh?
Love and good night,
Eileen