.

.

Feb 5, 2011

life is a journey

"The best way to gain self confidence is to do what you are afraid to do." - Unknown

I like this because I somewhat lack of self confidence. I could think of a ton of things I am afraid to do. I think I need to just do them, get it done with them and be more confident about myself. I need to figure out who I am because I'm not really sure. That's not a bad thing because I think the journey to find it out will be exciting, inspiring, amazing and just pretty sweet. ;) We create ourselves new all the time and actually our whole life is a journey of self discovery but you should at least have some kind of idea of who you are. I hope I can figure it out this year.

Today has been somewhat productive. I continued my research for my English project/15 page paper. My topic is "The role of religion in the lives of US American teenagers." It' really interesting what I found out about that! People always say that teenagers are getting less and less religious. That is true but it's more of a shift to spirituality than the loss of religion. I mostly hung with very religious teens in the US last year but here in Germany most people laugh at religion and religious people. Because of that I thought that the statement of a less religious generation would be true. I'm positively surprised that it's not! I'm excited to find out where this research thing is going to take me personally. :)

Other than that my day hasn't been the best. My whole body hurst because I probably bumped into every piece of furniture that we have in our house, including doors and door frames -.- I do not like these kind of days haha :D

It has been so windy in Herzebrock for the last couple days. I almost feel like beeing in the Tri-Cities in Fall haha :D

Next week is going to be awesome! It's the end of the semester and I have two days off (Tuesday and Friday which means next weekend is going to be a long one ;) ) and two days off after 6th hour. Usually I'd have to stay 'til after 8th and 9th hour! So yeah.. Happy me! :) It's also good because I can definitely use the time for that English project! :D

Anywho.... That's that for today :)

Good night or day :)

Eileen