Hello there everyone!
I am reviving my blog!
With this:
My wonderful grandparents gave me a Sony Alpha 58 for Christmas last year and I have been loving it! I also took a photography class last semster, which was perfect since I usually don't have the patience to learn how to do something by myself. You know those people who start playing the guitar because they want to be able to play Ben Howard songs around a bon fire, go on fitness diets because they want to look like they're all active, and start reading Don Quixote because it's one of those books you should have read? They start all these cool new hobbies and then, after a couple of weeks, or days, or hours, they quit because they lack the patience and perseverance? Yep, that is me. 100 %. Sadly. I am just not good at teaching myself new things. I admit it. But realization is the first step towards healing and, thus, I had a professional (my teacher has been taking photos for over 20 years - and she is 27...) explain this quite complex technichal device to me. And you cannot imagine how much that helped! I actually know what I am doing about sixty per cent of the time! That is pretty good, considering I only own this wonderful little black thing for a little over half a year. But sixty per cent is not good enough for me. With incredibly talented photographer friends constantly posting gorgeous shots on facebook, I want to be better. I want to take better pictures. I especially want to get the hang of portrait photography. So when I came across another 30 Day Photo Challenge on Pinterest the other day, I knew I had to start and finish this one thing, for once in my life. This challenge is different from many others in that it was created by Josh who is a photographer himself and has his own blog to teach others the art of photography.
I have been lacking discipline concerning my photography ambitions and I am hoping to improve that through this photo challenge and Josh's tutorials. I am really excited and cannot wait to start! In order to keep me focused, I will (or rather am planning on) post (-ing) the photo of each challenge here. If you are interested, stay tuned and feel free to comment and share your feedback with me!
I can't wait to see where this is going to lead me!
Have a wonderful weekend and God bless.
Love,
Eileen
