Hello there,
I haven't blogged in over a month. Wow. That is actually pretty sad. I guess I didn't know what to write about. I'm tired of doing the what-did-I do-today-thing. Also it's extremely boring.
But a few interesting things happened since my last post. I made new old friends, I got my schedule for the school year, I went to Rome and I started into my senior year of high school.
My schedule is awesome. I never have more than six hours of school a day. Three days of the week I'm home for lunch and the other two I start late. It's very nice not being so incredibly exhausted after school anymore. After I returned from my senior school trip to Rome for a week, I started into my last year of high school. Only seniors or people who have been seniors can imagine how I'm feeling right now. Or maybe you can't. This school year isn't only my senior year, which will make it go slower than any other year of high school although it is so short. No. For me it is my last year in Germany, too. At least for a while; a few years. My family and I are planning on moving to the States next Summer, after me and my sister graduated. Everything is working out pretty well at the moment. If it doesn't work out in the end, which we hope is not going to happen, it is not going to be our fault. I'm serious. We literally can't wait to start a new chapter in life. My whole family needs a change. A permanent one. And we're young and crazy enough to try it.
School has been.. well, let's say alright. It's school after all and a senior year in Germany is definitely not as much fun as it is in the US. It's very important and by now you should start studying for the grad-finals in March. Or at least very soon.
But my life's not only filled with school. I made new friends. Or actually it's old friends from elementary school that I got close with again. It's fun. I've been hanging out with them a few times now and it's always so much fun! It's mainly guys and it's so relaxing! Not as much drama or gossip, or at least different drama and gossip. It's interesting finding out general things about guys that I didn't know. It's also easy to be around them. I haven't had a real main group of friends for a while. Pretty much since I got back from the US a little over a year ago. I have a few very good friends who are all in different groups of friends, or not like me. But hanging out with this "new" group of friends is awesome. I'm not too close with them yet but I guess that's what makes it easier, too. So concerning friends, I am a happy person. :)
A few days ago I got a surprise letter from the amazing Jessi Strecker in the mail! That seriously made my day! I love getting mail and especially from great friends like her! She definitely is one of my best friends. I think we're much alike and often go through the same things and situations in life. Also I love her passion and devotion to God. Something I can and definitely should learn from. I just miss her so much!
Well, I think that's it for today... I'll try to blog about my trip to Rome as soon as I can. That'll be more interesting than my boring life.
But I have to admit: aside from some negative things that happened in the last few months, I am one happy and lucky and blessed girl!
Good night.
Love, Eileen