... is someone who will always lift you up on your feet when your wings are no longer able to fly.
Hello there,
A couple days ago my dear friend Kaile posted something on my facebook-wall for my birthday. I'd just read her newest blog post. In her comment on my wall she wrote, that she really likes the fact that we both keep in touch with our blogs. That was exactly what I thought, too. Kaile and I haven't skyped since I'm back in Germany and we rarely write on facebook. But through our blogs we always know where each of us stands. We had lots of fun doing the ads-department in Yearbook and we became great friends. I realized that we are so much alike and that makes me miss her a lot. It's great though, reading about her life and what's on her mind. She is so encouraging in her faith and her life and I am truely grateful that I am able to call her my friend. It's amazing how you meet people, you have fun, enjoy your life and then you have to part but in the end you'll stay friends for at least a long time. And the distance really doesn't matter. I am so thankful for friends like Kaile that I know will always be there for me no matter where we are and how long we haven't seen each other.
About a month ago, my laptop didn't want to start anymore. I didn't care too much at first because I didn't need it. But when a friend of my grandpa's tried to fix it, I was worried that all my pictures and videos and emails and music would be lost. That already happened to me a little while before I left for America in 2009. Back then I only had random pictures and some music on it. It wasn't that big of a deal. But now, there are all my memories of the most amazing year of my life on this little electronic device! I didn't think I could bare losing everything. Luckily nothing was lost. But it made me realize that we humans rely so much on our laptops and computers and iPhones and iPads and such, that we probably wouldn't be able to survive anymore without all this. I'm not even talking of machine systems, electricity and these major things. What would we do if we didn't have all these things that can get us online in less than a second; that let us listen to endless hours of music; that remind us of appointments; that wake us up in the morning. We can be reached constantly, 24/7. So what if we didn't have all this? Could you survive a day without texting? A week? Would you go nuts without facebook for a day? Would you be bored without being able to watch a movie online?
I'm glad I realized I am able to busy myself without all these things. My laptop didn't work and I hardly got online on my mom's laptop. I was able to survive a week without facebook and I didn't need my iPod either. I hardly watch TV anymore. I think sometimes we need to put all these distractions away and think of our lives and how we're living them. I mean do you seriously want to lose yourself in all this busy electronical mess? I for myself know that I don't. I think sometimes it's good to just lay outside in the sun, reading a book or magazine or just meeting up with friends in real life, not in cyber space.
I'm encouraging you to go one week without facebook, myspace, twitter or whatever. You'll feel a difference. :)
Love, Eileen
